Responsible gaming is a concept that comprises several policies and requirements that apply to gamble stakeholders to make sure they respect the highest standards of quality and offers a safe user experience that protects people from the negative consequences of online gambling.
Red18 strives to provide an entertainment channel for our customers positively. For this purpose, we have safeguards and ensure you are entertained responsibly. Here are supports from the Red18 to help you bet:
Areas of Responsible Gaming and Safe Gambling
1. Self-exclusion Function
For customers who want to exclude themselves from betting. We provide you with a request to close your account for a period of at least 6 months to 5 years. Please contact Customer Support via the “Contact Us” section on our homepage for more details.
2. Age Restriction
We have the right to require customers to provide proof of age. If the customer is under 18 years it’s illegal. Customer accounts will be rejected until satisfactory evidence of age is provided. The age of betting in each country is different, you should find out before making a bet.
The Red18 advises you to protect your account by securing information about account numbers, usernames, and passwords.
3. Invalid Bets
It’s illegal for anyone who is under 18 but wants to open an account or play a bet at Red18. We conduct age verification with all customers using payment mechanisms for ages under 18 and conduct random age checks for customers using other forms of payment.
4. Manage your Betting Game
For regular betting players, it is not uncommon to overuse your budget. We recommend that you plan specific budgets to ensure your betting costs are worth it.
Sometimes we deny our problems and just need help in a state of crisis. Set a goal to rest for betting for two weeks or a month as a test. If you fail to do so, you may experience serious problems and may benefit from discussing this with your counselor about your case.
5. Limit your Expenses
Red18 offers tools to help you play your betting. You can set a limit on how much you deposit and how much you can lose in a given period. The requirements to tighten your limits will be effective immediately. Any request will need 7 days before it can be effective. To set your cost limit contact the Customer Service Staff.
How can a Gambling Company Stay Responsible?
Any company is responsible for its online gaming activities and must ensure responsible gambling principles are respected and understood by all parties.
At the same time, any platform supplier like us must make sure its software products are embedded in a complete management system that delivers a safe and fair gaming experience.
This means that, even though platform providers may not be in direct contact with the final users, they are nevertheless under moral and juridical requirements to offer online operators the necessary means and tools to control:
- gambling addiction by setting betting limits and self-exclusion tools;
- underage betting problems by checking players’ age;
- guarantee data privacy and security by adding security tools against online threats and criminal activities;
- deliver a secure gambling environment to players by integrating software monitoring capabilities.
Recommendations for responsible gamblers
Since we are aware every stakeholder in the Gaming industry is responsible for promoting an ethical gambling activity, we understand that our gaming software is directed to players who need to see these activities as a way of spending time in a relaxing manner.
To that end, we can provide the following recommendations for gamblers:
- Gambling activities are supposed to be entertaining. That’s why online websites come with so much diversity in sportsbooks and online casinos.
- Online Gaming should not be considered as an easy way of making money.
- Players should not bet money they can’t afford losing. To avoid losing too much money, make sure your online website contains a mechanism that allows you to set the maximum sum of money to be placed on a bet in a certain period.
- Check and limit your time in the online medium. How much time do you spend online on gaming websites? If you are losing every day more than a few hours online, probably it is time to take a break from this activity for a while.
- Check and limit your online wins and losses. Since most gambling activities do contain a certain factor of randomness, players should check how much they win and how much they lose. In case they notice a negative frequency, they must decide if gambling activities are suitable for them. If they decide it is time for a break, players can use the “Self-Exclusion” option to close the account for a period (6 months, 1 year, 2 years, etc.).
- If you feel like you have a problem with online gambling, we strongly believe you should contact a specialized group or organization that can provide the necessary support